Sunday 24 March 2013

The About Me TAG!


So I think blogger/youtube tags are a really great, easy way to get information out that you'd otherwise ramble on and on about. I found these questions via whatorlidid, who has a gorgeous blog, you should all definitely check it out! I'm not great at writing about myself, but if someone asks it's a lot easier to work out an answer.

So let's get cracking...

1. Do you have a middle name?

Yuhuh! It's Giulia. My friends like to jokily pronounce it as Gwee-lee-ah, but it's actually just Julia, with a fancy Italian spelling. I was named after my grandmother, and I like it when I'm not being teased!

2. What was your favourite subject at school?

I'm not sure I really had a favourite FAVOURITE subject, but I definitely had some that I preferred over others. Art was definitely a highlight, though I only took it up to GCSE, because it's not that academic and I figured I could keep it up as a hobby besides my other subjects. English was another, though that was because it had some room for creativity, and I knew I was good at it, so I didn't find it too difficult. Oddly, I also really began to enjoy German when I took it to A-Level, weil es interessant war (you can Google Translate that if you're really keen). I wish I could remember it better...

3. What's your favourite drink?

Tea. Definitely tea. Milk, no sugar. I don't think I'd be able to survive if there wasn't tea in the world.
If we're talking alcoholic, then I'm pretty girly, I really like Strawberry Daiquiris, there's a pub near me that makes the most amazing frosted ones. I haven't yet found anyone who does it better!

4. Favourite song at the moment?

Oh god, don't ask me this - it's so difficult! I guess I'm really loving Bastille's 'Icarus'. Go on, join me in my obsession:



5. What would you name your children?

I am definitely too young to be answering this question. But if I really really had to pick right now, I quite like the name Lily for a girl, and Jamie for a boy.

6. Do you participate in any sports?

Nope. Nuh-uh. Team sports have been my nemesis for as long as I can remember. I think being a chubby child doesn't really help. I try and get to the gym when I can, and I walk a lot too, but I stay as far away from the playing field as possible. There's too much pressure on you, if you lose, the team loses, and you get dirty looks from all sides. Also, hockey sticks really hurt.

7. Favourite book?

Hmm. You'd think, being an english student, that I'd have an endless list of books that I love. Unfortunately not. I mean, I've enjoyed some more than others, but generally doing a course dedicated to books will sap your interest in them forever. I remember really loving Trudi Canavan's Black Magician Trilogy when I was younger, and I thought Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho was disgusting, but the way it was written was really interesting.

8. Favourite Colour?

Deep blue, definitely.

9. Favourite Animal?

I've always loved cats, and especially kittens. White tigers are pretty amazing too, though not sure they're as friendly.

10. Favourite perfume?

I got the Ghost Deep Night perfume for my birthday about a month ago - it smells amazing, and the crescent-moon-shaped bottle looks really pretty on my desk!

11. Have you finished secondary school?

Yep, I finished my GCSEs in 2008, and left school in 2010. I'm now at University, and only a few months away from finishing - thinking about the real world is scary!

12. Have you ever been out of the country?

Loads of times, though never really that far out of Europe...I've been to Germany 5 times now, sometimes with my school, and a couple of times for fun. I've also been to America twice, and apparently Bermuda when I was about 2, though don't remember that too well. My parents put me in a baby-bouncer on a boat and they tell me I had a whale of a time!

13. Do you speak any other languages?

I used to speak German pretty well when I studied it for A-Level, but can't say that I do now. I did French to GCSE but my knowledge is now restricted to 'parlais vous anglais?' and 'ou est la gare?'. Impressive, I know.

14. Do you have any other siblings?

Yes, I have two younger brothers, who are now 17 and 19. Though I still see them as 10 and 12.

15. What is your favourite shop?

I'm not sure I have one. I generally shop in New Look, though I really like Forever21 when I can get to London, and Boots is obviously a god-send!

16. Favourite restaurant?

Hmm...Wagamamas is great, though not necessarily authentic. I also really like Pizza Express, though its a bit pricy for my budget...

17. Do you like school?

Well, University can be up and down. Some days I'll love my course, other days I just want to take a strike, curl up in my duvet and ignore all of my deadlines. It generally depends how close to a deadline I am.

18. Favourite YouTubers?

I have so many I can't even...I'll list a few that I remember though. For beauty, I love watching the pixiwoo sisters and lisaeldridge, but as they can often be a bit pricy with their products I also think Zoella, Fleurdeforce, beautycrush and MissBudgetBeauty are all fantastic. Outside of beauty, I love watching danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil, as well as Nerimon and Toby Turner. I've recently gotten into watching the Yogscast, as their game commentaries are pretty amusing and it's fun to have on in the background.

19. Favourite Movie?

Maaan, no one told me this would be so difficult. To name a few, I really like Fight Club and Se7en, plus anything Lord of the Rings. Recently, I really enjoyed the new Bond movie, Skyfall, plus god knows how many others!

20. Favourite TV Show?

Game of Thrones. Hands down. It's got the American budget, quality and episode quantity, with some great British acting, humour, gorgeous sets and costumes, and a plot that keeps you annoyingly hooked. It's coming back in a few weeks and I literally can't wait. Alongside that, I'm currently obsessed with New Girl, and more recently, Castle.

21. PC or Mac?

As I've never owned a mac, going to have to opt for a PC. Sorry Apple fans!

22. What phone do you have?

A Samsung Galaxy Ace. It's about 2 years old now so it's a little slow, but it's served me well so far!

23. How tall are you?

5"4.5. Yeah, I measured. I'm pretty short but I have tall friends who can reach shelves for me.

...Aaaand that's it! Yeah, I should go to bed now, it's pretty late. Thanks for reading!

Annie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment