Sunday 24 March 2013

Snow, Coffee and Fan Heaters

Hey all!

So it's been a pretty dismal few days in terms of the weather here. The UK just can't get enough of the snow, and to be quite honest it's getting a bit boring now. Also, after discovering that it was no less than 21 degrees this time last year, it's no surprise that my Facebook News Feed is turning into an angry weather channel.

So, I've had to keep myself occupied as best I possibly can. How to do that? Nail art!

I never really take much time with my nails, mainly because if they're not chipping off themselves I'm usually absent-mindedly peeling the polish off myself, which I don't even notice myself doing...

But my toes were in dire need of pretty-ing up, and don't worry, I won't go into detail. So I decided to whack out the pink nail polish. Unfortunately I only had red left, and no very tiny brushes, so I wasn't sure how I was going to go about making them look better. Then I stumbled across a Youtube video, which talked about using liquid eyeliner for nail art. It sounds daft, but it actually works pretty well, as long as you slap a few coats of clear polish on top (excuse my weird-shaped feet) :


Obviously that didn't take very long, so I then decided to be even more creative and do some baking. We had loads of chocolate icing and sprinkles left over from a few weeks ago that needed using up, so I decided to be a good Samaritan and bake for my family. That's my mum reaching for one, by the way (I'm such a great cook.)


I'm currently chomping on one as I type. They're pretty damn tasty (if I do say so myself), and I'm not even going to think about how much sugar I put in them, but hey ho - what's life without chocolate?

Anyway, its time to finish this cake and get on with some dissertation work (ugh). I'll hopefully be updating with some sketch blogs/art some time soon, as for an art blog this page is looking pretty empty haha...

Back soon!

Annie
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment